Fish tank stand are very much like coffee tables. While the serve a very practical purpose they also compliment your furniture and interior décor. For that reason, choosing the best fish tank can be very challenging.
Often it is additions such as the fish tank stand that make the budget rise beyond expected. A small fish tank with a capacity of say 55 gallons can handle a weight of 250 pound s- well over 100 kg. Just with your imagination you can imagine how catastrophic just bumping the side of this tank could be for your new hobby. Large tanks of say 200 Gallons can weigh as much as a ton.
5 best 55-gallon aquarium stand and reviews
- Allows you to store additional items in two large shelves
- Is designed very stylish and will make a great addition to any living room.
- Assembly is easy and you could have the fish stand up and running in a matter of minutes.
- The fish stand is constructed using very secure and stable locking cam fasteners.
- Can be used with both glass and acrylic fish tanks.
- In addition to carrying the fish tank it will add some stylishness to your home.
- Most importantly it will ensure your fish tank is safe even with kids and pets in the house.
- Aquatic fundamentals fish tank stand has a very modern minimal design – the stand is long and tall as opposed to wide. Measures 49.4 x 13.1 x 28.2 inches.
- Very stable – weighs 76 pounds.
- The lack of feet make the unit difficult to move around
- Adjustable feet that make it easy to move around and keep the tank steady.
- The sleek black design allows this to fit in with any interior motif.
- Reasonably priced in comparison to other brands on the market.
- Dimensions are perfect for the standard 55 gallon fish tank; measuring 48.5 x 13.5 x 29.5 inches and weighing on 35 pounds.
- The well built fish tank stand is sturdy but is constructed such that it provides max support at the edges only. For this reason, it is best for glass tanks.
Based on the above thoughts it would be safe to say this product is perfect for anyone looking for durability and affordability.
- Strong frame with minimalistic design – instead of being broad this stand is slim and tall.
- Tank measures 50.5 x 32 x 13 inches.
- Reasonable price
- Like all metal tank stands the main support is at the corners –owing to this it’s ideal for glass tanks. Acrylic fish tanks tend to work better with some support in the center.
The tank stand design and the ability to hold two tanks makes it the perfect buy for lobby’s, offices and larger open spaces.Owing to its design this is one stand that will be ready soon as you get home. You do not have to worry about assembly, tools or even watch a video. Images of this product can be viewed here!
- Large storage cabinet
- Sleek black design
- Broad top suggests it can provide support for glass and acrylic fish tanks.
- The lack of feet means the unit is difficult to move around.
The Aquatic fundamentals upright aquarium stand is ideal for buyers seeking durability and style that can be used for both glass and acrylic fish tanks.For more info on the installation and maintenance of this and other aquatic fundamentals tanks watch this video
- Metal locking cam used in construction gives added stability – no screws or wood glue both used in the construction.
- Solid top works for glass and acrylic fish tank stands.
- Easy to assemble.
- Sleek black design that will fit in with any motif.
- Absence of feet make moving the tank around difficult.
This is the best stand for anyone looking to keep a 55 gallon fish tank. It built strong, has storage, and has very secure joining mechanisms.For more information on installation and maintenance of this and other stands of the same model, watch this video.
Selecting the best 55 Gallon fish tank stand
Regardless of your preference wood, metal these are some thoughts you should keep in mind when selecting a stand:
- If you choose metal and want to use an acrylic tank ensure it has support in the center.
- Minimalistic design helps save space – tall and lean is better than broad.
- If you choose wood, try products with locking mechanics joinery.
- Trim – better finishing adds much more value for indoor aquariums.
With the above thoughts in mind you should be set to begin your search for the best fish tank stand based on your requirements. You should also keep in mind that the fish tank will require a filter – canister, power or other filter.While power filters fit inside the fish tank, canister and other models are not designed to and may require space on the side of the fish tank stand – keep in mind that placing the filter on the floor could damage the filter; pets, kids etc.you may also like !